Saturday, December 1, 2012

OH, Suzanna! Yum Yum Chewin Gum!

I just could not resist the urge to post my latest find at Rural King in New Castle this evening:




I did indeed share this with my daughter, however... "EEEEEWWWWWW!!!!!" was the response and I don't think I will have to share again!

Poor ole Black Jack. Same hard waxy consistency as it always was but, only half the flavor and not even a trace of the black color left on your teeth, tongue, gums and lips! Black licorice is not one of my favorite of flavors, but Black Jack was always a solid hitter when you wanted a reliable gum. Funny thing about this childhood chew - it always makes my teeth feel cleaner (even with the pesky oral blackening side effect of long ago) and settles my stomach. 

By the way .... this innocent little 5 - pack of gum was 95 cents tonight. A far cry from that quarter dad threw out across the counter at Nulltown Store some forty odd years ago.

With that, I will leave you while I go off chewin' chewin' gum.

-Suzanna 

No comments:

Post a Comment